Brake Warning Light Suddenly Appears

jamesdownthepub

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

just a quick one,

When i turned on my a3 this morning and looked at the dash as normal, pulled off the drive and as soon as i looked bk down again my brake warning light kept flashing red on me!

i need to change a pad or 2 and didnt think nothing of it!

so i turned on the radio, only to hear the radio cut out and an intermitant beeping from the radio...in time with the flashing red brake warning light!

checked the fluid and all seems to be fine!

ive checked all the brake bulbs etc and ive only just changed the brake light switch, so im a little bit confoosed!

HELP would be much appriciated.

Cheers

Jamesdownthepub

At risk of stating the obvious the fact that you say you need to change a pad or two is a good clue, sounds like the low pad warning is doing just what its supposed to do, new pads should sort it nicely.

Sounds like your front pads need replacing, the warning light will come on way in advance, but always worth having a visual check just in case.

cheers for that...

going back to another problem now that seems to be happening with the stereo...with intermitant beeping!

its obiously a factory standard!

when im driving along the radio just cuts out on some stations to a beeping that gets louder and louder...

anybody else experianced this?

Cheers

jamesdownthepuv

hmm mine does this but then goes off and doesnt come back for ages then doesnt do it anymore strange. i had new brakes done all round a few months ago so cant be that... for me at least

well after changing the rear pads and disks last week, im still getting this constant flashing of my brake warning light...the fluid seems fine...

i am missing a disk retaining screw could this be it???

any ideas?

regards

jamesdownthepub

No It won't be the disc retaining screw i'm missing two on mine and i don't get the warning light. have to connected the warning cable on the pads?

well after changing the rear pads and disks last week, im still getting this constant flashing of my brake warning light...the fluid seems fine...

i am missing a disk retaining screw could this be it???

any ideas?

Orange warning light is brake pads - and that only counts for the front pads. Rear pads DO NOT have a pad wear sensor.

See this link: http://net.jasonpearce.com/chronicle/audiwarnings.html

Red means fault in braking system - most likely to be ABS related. Get it looked at. Brakes are somewhat important.

If its a flashing red exclaimation mark, and three loud beeps on start up or shortly after (when you start moving) the abs system has a fault. It needs to be scanned to know for sure, but could be one of the many sensors or even the controller itself gone Pete Tong!

Sounds like its the ABS sensor. Mine did the same and it turns the ABS had come totaly off. Weird one.

this red light is flashing constant however...my abs light is on all the time! ive got a mate with the snap on equip and its a rear wheel speed sensor but i didnt think it could affect the brake warning light coming on?

no beeping on start however ive got an original audi stereo and sometimes the stereo cuts off and starts an ascending beeping...keeps gettin louder and louder...i end up turning it off and back on again. is this something linked?

Any of the sensors associated with the abs system failing will bring up the big red exclaimation mark as the system won't be able to process the data so it will get reported as a malfunction.

Not sure about the stereo issue being linked though.