1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake warning every time i turn right????

46TheDoctor Jan 9, 2008

1. 46TheDoctor

46TheDoctor Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

My mate has just converged over from BMW to Audi, he has a slight fault, every time he goes round a sharp right hand corner of fairly briskly round a roundabout his DIS lights up with a warning for brakes, beeps and then goes off again??? Brake fluid is topped up etc, any ideas?????:icon_thumright:

2. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

My B5 has done something similar a few times - If I've bumped it up a kerbstone to park or something and been a little too keen, I've had the brake warning appear for a second or so and then vanish. Nothing ever showed on VAG-COM. The only thing that I did find was that the rear pads were VERY low. It's not done it since they were changed but I've not been over-ambitious with a kerbstone yet! It's just had a service and all new arms at the front too; and nothing untoward was found with the brakes.

Regards,

Rob.

3. Neil_S

Neil_S Member

Assuming the pads have a good amount left on them, I often find spraying the pad wear connector with WD40 helps with alot of these sort of problems

4. technics100

technics100 Member

I would check the brake fluid level... if his pads are low the brake fluid will be lower and will throw the light on, happened a couple of time to me... just change the front pads...

5. ickleric

ickleric Member

My warning light came on the otherday for one of my rear lights. When i checked it, it had gone off. So i opened the boot to have a quick look and when i shut the boot it came back on. It seemed like a loose connection. So not sure if same thing is happening.