Brake Upgrade/refresh

DanielJames

Reaction score
Morning all,

I had to use my brakes in an emergency this morning and was not at all impressed with their performance.

Over the time I've had the car I've also noticed a squeal when they get any heat in them, so I'm looking to upgrade/refresh the brakes.

I've done a bit of research but would like to know plain and simply what bolt on calipers I can fit straight onto a B6 1.9TDi PD130 hub.

I'm going to have a look under the car at the weekend to see the condition of the existing pads. Fluid was done about 40k ago so I might give that a refresh too.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Do the 312mm conversion as you only need the caliper carriers and new discs/pads.........same caliper and work great.

Do the 312mm conversion as you only need the caliper carriers and new discs/pads.........same caliper and work great.

So you need everything then, are they just a larger caliper or are they twin piston?

You use the existing caliper - with bigger discs and the relevant caliper carrier. Good luck finding them at a decent price btw.

The larger caliper carriers, 312mm discs and pads are all you need...........the caliper itself does not need to be changed

Ur best off looking for a a4 breaking,the 3litre version came with 312 brakes and some 2.5.
Just the carriers u need and must have the 569 stamp on the carriers,which is a direct fit.
And lager discs of course.
I got a set off a breaker,about £30 (carriers only)

I got 312mm discs, pads and carriers for £80 used but in very good condition.

I think I might keep an eye out for some of these as my front pads are starting to squeal

Will 320mm fit under a 16inch wheel?
The 16inchs are my winters

I'm using the 345mm S4 discs and callipers on mine. They fit under the standard 5 spoke 17" wheels but I'm not sure about the 16" wheels.