1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Upgrade Query

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by tdisport, Feb 1, 2012.

1. tdisport

tdisport New Member

Hi Everyone,

Have been on the forum since I had my last A4 but recently got another one after moving over to the darkside (BMW) for a while.
    Anyway I need to change brake disks and pads all round on my new A4 (1.9 TDi sport) and wanted to know whether I could upgrade to the 320mm disks (i beleive from the B7 2.0T) There is a set on ebay at the moment and if its possible I will be looking to win them.
    Would I need anything else other than the calipers, disks and pads? Any issues with clearance with the 17" sport alloys?
    Alternatively are there any other cost effective upgrades? I may still go down the standard route but if im spending I may aswell try and get some more meat for my money!

Thanks In advance, oh and a quick pic of my new ride :

[​IMG]

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Yep, the 320mm b7 setup will fit.
    Also the 321mm B5 S4 setup
    312mm 2.5 tdi setup
    345mm S4 setup (I went for that one)

4. tdisport

tdisport New Member

Thanks mate - thats perfect got a few options now if the 320's fall through.

There shouldnt be any issue with clearance on the 17" wheels should there?

5. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

I ran the S4 b5 setup back in 2009, you will find that not many wheel's (18's or 19's) will clear the width of the S4 calipers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]