1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake upgrade options

funnyclub May 19, 2010

1. funnyclub

funnyclub Member

Hey guys I see the norm on this site for brake upgrades are the brembo junior gt kit.
    But for around the same money I can get a set of 6-pot xyz brakes with 330mm 2-piece discs.

Heres a pic of the brakes what you think?

[​IMG]

Or the other option is Comp brakes and they also do a 6 pot kit with 330mm discs as well.

Look here: http://compbrake.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=3632

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I personally think 6 pots is overkill on a road car, Brembo junior GT kit is tried and tested, but has become an expensive option of late due to poor exchange rates, I paid £750 for mine fitted back in the day, now it's £1k+vat!

If you do go for one of the other options you suggested, pics and reviews please. :)

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I think you are tied into their pads with those 6 pots..... tbh you would be better off with something that you can get decent pads for as this will make more difference to your braking than those calipers tbh..

<tuffty/>

4. funnyclub

funnyclub Member

The following pads are available for the xyz calipers:

AP ZC
    Ferodo 3432F
    Ferodo 4003F
    Ferodo DS2500
    Ferodo DS3000
    Ferodo DS3000+03
    Ferodo DS3000E
    Pagid RS14B
    Pagid RS42
    Pagid RS421
    Pagid RS44
    Mintex F1R
    Mintex F4R

And this is the pad diagram:

[​IMG]

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Where did you get that info?

<tuffty/>

6. funnyclub

funnyclub Member

From their site mate. My tuner I used when I had my evo sells them in N. Ireland. They have a good few customer cars with them which include type r civics, high powered evo's and skylines and they all find them excellent.

Here is the main site for the XYZ products: http://www.xyz-racing.com/index.php

7. <tuffty/>

8. funnyclub

funnyclub Member

The one you have linked looks to have a different pad shape how did ya find that link?

9. S3BAM

S3BAM Member

Im running Ap Racing upgrade on mine awesome brakes.... Very Expensive though..!!!

10. <tuffty/>

God only knows, their website is ***** :)

<tuffty/>