1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake upgrade options

Daemon Jul 15, 2012

1. Daemon

Daemon Member

Hi guys, ever since I've owned my avant I've hated the brakes and think that they're bloody awful. Plus I'd prefer something that looks a bit more useful too.

So we have a b7 2.0tdi avant (140) with the standard 18" s-line 5 spokes, I'm planning on keeping the alloys for a while so ideally the brakes need to fit under them.
    Are there any direct swaps for discs and calipers maybe? What options do I have?

2. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

S4, 3.0tdi, 2.0t SE.
    I think there's a few posts on this subject if you have a search through previous ones.
    One guy changed to Porsche 6pots but that's maybe a bit extreme.

3. Cribbon

Cribbon Member

ive upgrade mine to s4 brake and they are so much nicer i have confidence the car will stop, unlike when i drove the new audi a4 avant 3.0tdi i had no confidence in them, i have drilled and groved front disc and groved rears with yellow stuff pads

4. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

:) ,lol very extreme.

5. Daemon

Daemon Member

Are the S4 discs and calipers a direct swap then?

6. Daemon

Daemon Member

Anybody know??

7. disco-barry

disco-barry New Member

I don't know but personally i feel my brakes work well on my 2.0tdi quattro, maybe you have a fault? obviously they wouldn't pass an MOT if they weren't working efficiently.

8. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The following are direct swaps providing you get Carriers, brake shields and brake lines.

B5 RS4 (Disc expensive but brake pads can be cheap)
    B5 S4 (Recommended Quite cheap to buy if you can find them)
    B6 S4 (Recommended)
    B6 1.8T
    B7 RS4 (Larger wheels needed disc expensive and so can pads be)
    B7 S4 (Recommended)
    B7 2.0T (US guys prefer this route)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  9. marcj

marcj New Member

Hey,
    I also heard good opinions about alcon brakes (for high performance motorsports). You can get them from JDL-Brakes.com. They're a little bit expensive, but people say it's worth it if you really want to have razor-sharp brakes.

Oh, and hey! New user here ;)

10. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter

Welcome to Audi.Sport.Net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

11. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

What size are the discs on the B7 A4. I've got 320mm discs on the front of my 3.0 TDI so not sure whether it's worth upgrading or not.