1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Sensor Cable Connector Broken

trevyb Jan 5, 2012

1. trevyb

trevyb New Member

Hi All,

Last night in the dark and stormy weather under torch light I changed both the front pads and discs on my A3 (2009). I couldn't wait any longer as a stone had been caught between the pad and discs and removed a huge section of disc on one side.

When I removed the pads from the front nearside wheel I came across the brake sensor cable and to enable access I removed it from the 'grip' that was holding the connector in place (before disconnecting it from the pad). I used little to no force to do this and it came away very easily but it seemed to snap the plastic around the connector which I can safely say needs replacing. Obviously the pad side of the connector is fine but the 'car side' of it is not.

My question is, where can I get one, and what is the best way I can replace the connector without 'bodging' it? I used to work in electronics so soldering etc is no problem but I want to make sure I do it properly.

Any hints / tips?

Cheers - Trev

2. trevyb

trevyb New Member

All fixed now, I've managed to securely build a 'short' into the connectors in a way that a new plug can be put onto the wiring loom at a later date and tied the pad side of the connector out of the way.

Cheers - Trev