1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brake recall

603ELO Feb 18, 2004

1. 603ELO

603ELO Member

My sister recently bought a 97 A3 and her local dealer requested that she book it in for a brake recall.

Just checked with my local dealer about my car (97 t sport)and they want it in next week for the same problem.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is a hose problem apparently.

2. marksyms

marksyms Member

Mine was done automtically when they had the car in for the last service but other than that I don;t have much info. The first I knew was when I picked the car up and they told me they'd done it.

3. ooooaudi

ooooaudi Member

mine was carried out yesterday along with the service, somthing to do with a vac pipe.

4. Drill

Drill Member

Mark & Matt,
    What model years are you A3's?

Thx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

5. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

would this apply to the S3?

6. benk

benk Member

Check the recent "brake failed" post on this forum.

7. marksyms

marksyms Member

Mines a 97 TS. (So I was kinda surprised when they told me "we've done some warranty work", but happy too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif )

8. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

My 1999 Golf 1.8T also had the recall from the local dealer. Apparently the vacuum pipes were prone to splitting. Which is not good...

9. wezhaz

wezhaz Member

There was a brake recall put out on the A3 1.8T in August 2003.Mine is a 1998 and was missed by the dealer so will be getting it looked at.Would be a good section for the forum if anyone could get hold of the information and post it in a section.Audi hold all the information on recall work that has been done on individual vehicles but I guess this is only if you get your servicing done at a dealership.Useful to know what has been the subject of a safety recall when looking at a used motor to check if work has been done.The AA site is not very up to date with this information.

10. cybrey

cybrey Member

This is an excellent site for all vehicle recalls.. I think it may the 'offical' database.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The break recall that this and the other thread talks about is listed exactly here

just fyi.. this is all the Audi A3 recalls..

11. nice one cybrey, i havent had the vehicle serviced at audi since we bought it, think ill be popping to local audi dealer very quickly though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

12. whats more worrying is half of them on the A3 recalls apply to our car.......

13. benk

benk Member

That's a great site - I'll be waving copies of that lot at Audi next week when I go in for the vacuum hose work.
    I also have the 3-spoke steering wheel so want to know whether the airbag problem could happen on my car too...

14. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

no late S3's............................safe!