Brake problems

Dannyp2188

Reaction score
Recently purchased a vehicle as per my earlier post. Have replaced front pads as brakes seemed to have a problem under hard braking brakes work fine then all of a sudden they release for a second and come back straight after but not as strong I've been told I need new rear calipers but this comes from the front??

Would Like some advice after driving the car the last month have realized the abs doesn't work it Will lock and slide If brakes are applied hard enough. And traction control light occasion appears on dash but goes away I know this may seem an obvious problem but I did take the car to formula one auto centres...

I know but I thought brakes surely they can handle that I've asked them to check brakes as not right however the teenager that's takes the Vehicle for a test is well...straight out of first school and doesn't seem to have a clue as he didnt even know the car was a petrol.. that's after driving it aswell...

Any way sorry about the rant any help would be appreciated so I'm not throwing good money away..want to get on with upgrades not repairs. Finally what oil is recommended as local tuner a reeve has put 5w 30 esp synthetic sound Like a bag of spanners when cold. Dont go over 4000rpm when engine has no temp in it oil is very viscous when cold

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by a moderator:
5w40 fully or 10w40 semi synthetic. Sounds like abs pump problem, best get it scanned.