Brake problem

Pauliil1948

Reaction score
hi folks , my mate just fitted 2 new rear calipers to my a3 2012 s line for me but the pedal has exesive travel he has said he bled them up but still no very good ,there is no leaks as far as I can see iam going to give it a go tomorrow any tips or help would be good thanks ,Paul .

I changed my discs, rear calipers and pads last year. The backs were a bit tricky to remove all the air from, I had to bleed them a couple of times. Also the brakes took ages to "bed in" about 300 miles which I haven't experienced with other cars when doing similar work.

Reactions: Pauliil1948
I changed my discs, rear calipers and pads last year. The backs were a bit tricky to remove all the air from, I had to bleed them a couple of times. Also the brakes took ages to "bed in" about 300 miles which I haven't experienced with other cars when doing similar work.
Thanks mate we are now thinking the seal in the master cylinder has flipped ,need to find out if you can put new seals in or do you need to fit new master cylinder .

Welcome to audi-sport.net Paul. Hope you get your brake issue resolved soon, :)

How are you bleeding the brakes, Vacuum or pressure bleeding ? . The dealers use vacuum bleeding as it seems to work better. Have you bled the fronts as well. How much fluid did you lose when you changed the calipers over ?

How are you bleeding the brakes, Vacuum or pressure bleeding ? . The dealers use vacuum bleeding as it seems to work better. Have you bled the fronts as well. How much fluid did you lose when you changed the calipers over ?
Hi thanks ,my mate done the brakes didn't loose much fluid at all but bled them up the old way pump pedal ,pushed to the floor and so on ,put it in to the local garage 2 weeks ago still there , they said it might have flipped a seal in the master cylinder (sealed unit ) so they put a new one on and and I think they are vacuum bleeding it but still not work ,not sure what to do now .

Yes they have bled all but no joy ,thanks