1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake pipes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Woodster, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Woodster

Woodster Welcome to my world...

Hi

Has anyone changed their brake hoses for braided ones like goodridge or aeroquip?

Is it a worth while mod? Does it bring a more positive response through the pedal?

Rich

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Woody_S3 said:
    Hi

Has anyone changed their brake hoses for braided ones like goodridge or aeroquip?

Is it a worth while mod? Does it bring a more positive response through the pedal?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I ahve, but along with Porsche brakes so i couldnt really say what effect they would have on standard brakes. If the hoses are old, then maybe worthwhile as they wont expand with fluid pressure...

Rich

4. Drill

Drill Member

Actually, I put stainless lines and ATE Super Blue Fluid in/on my std brakes (OK, have slotted discs up front, but still std size /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif) and it actually DID make a difference. The initial pedal feel is the same, but once I actually "get into" the brakes I can feel that they are much firmer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Peronally, I'd say it was well worthy the $200 or so that it cost me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif