1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brake pads stuck to discs

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by Cpt Sensible, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Cpt Sensible

Cpt Sensible New Member

[Dec 18, 2009]
    When not in use for week or more pads can 'seize' on to discs and freeing means revs and big strain on clutch. Any alternative thoughts on freeing up .....WD 40 ?! .......Cpt. Sensible.:hi:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 18, 2009]
    Welcome to the site

Hot water given this will dissepate very easily with the heat generated in braking, although my mate Lea says it will expand things, but certainly harmless, but wd40 urm maybe not on discs huh considering its a lubricant to a degree, not sure the temp it would disintegrate, but tbh unless they're welded to the things a quick rock forward & back with 1st/rev wont harm it, gently though
  4. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

[Dec 18, 2009]
    if you find that wd40 is not sufficiant enough you could try bearing grease, if this still doesnt work then i suggest you remove the pads at night and take them in doors with you
  5. NHN

[Dec 18, 2009]
    lmfao thats got me holding myself as its that funny, remove the pads & take them in at night, lmao, what is it, a lost puppy, lol, lmfao very funny
  6. Cpt Sensible

Cpt Sensible New Member

[Dec 18, 2009]
    Very helpful....pads into airing cupboard as well no doubt.:end_of_discction:
  7. NHN

[Dec 18, 2009]
    Oh come on, grow a sense of humour, afterall its xmas, wheelie was only having a joke with yer mate, lighten up a little on here will yer, its all good
  8. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

[Dec 18, 2009]

not a good idea, then all your towels will smell of wd40 and your wife will go nuts.
    the radiator in the kitchen will be fine
  9. davs4

davs4 New Member

[Dec 18, 2009]
    My hi spec brakes used to do this on my S4, the cure for me was to try and come to a stop slowly, when almost stopped use handbrake, once stopped release handbrake and use in gear to stop (allows for slight roll with no front brake on). A pain in the ar** I know which is why I sold it!
  10. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

[Dec 18, 2009]
    Unless there wielded on then like NHN said just move off slowly and it will be all sorted. If your that worried don't leave the handbrake on and park it in gear.

Whatever you do, don't put any WD or grease on them... You might find that they won't stop you when pressing the pedal!!!!!
  11. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Dec 20, 2009]
    I just leave the car in gear with the handbrake off whenever the weather is cold or I've washed the car. Never had this problem since doing this...