BRAKE PADS for TRACK work ONLY

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
"I need something that will take the odd track day at Knockhill without disintegrating like the set of Redstuff did after 5 laps on a 300bhp Focus ST-3. I kid you not, the pad material literally came away from the backing plate and for that reason I will never use an EBC Brakes product again as long as I'm not driving a mobility scooter.

They were also rubbish on my Downhill MTB

HP2000 is marketed to be everything DS2500 is but with improved dust production less noise and less wear, I loved DS2500 as a dual duty pad so will be good to see how the HP2000 hold up."

PS: it isn't me that needs 'em but recommendations for others are seriously sought...

Reactions: jmcnamee98, DAYTONA 500, MBK and 2 others
Back in the 70's I'd have recommended FERODO DS11s, NO question; everyone used 'em for fast road and track

But in the late 70's/early 80's the Heath and Safety brigade arrived and banned 'em 'cos they contained asbestos, and that when the crap (a technical term) problems began...

Interestingly, F1 drivers can tell the difference between the similar current compounds delivered from different manufacturers - a huge subject IS race/track brakes compounds and discs.

Anyone watching/listening to this years Le Mans would have heard brake squeal in abundance - great on track but absolute crap (that technical term again) at the petrol filling station/chipshop/supermarket/traffic lights, etc...:sadlike:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500