1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRAKE PADS,ANY ADVICE ?...

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Digger1, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Digger1

Digger1 Member

Brake-pad worn light as just popped up on the DIS,,, off to get some new pads front and rear,,, never fitted pads on an Audi before, any advice would be welcome,,, ie., any special tools needed, thinking of the rears...

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Not sure on the technical side but use Audi pads! I tried the Mintex ones and they are rubbish! I'm washing my wheels daily due to the amount of dust they kick off - not good

4. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

you will need a 8mm Alan key if i remember rightly, wire brush, copper slip and a can of WD40 to soak any stubborn bolts, TBH the Alan key bolts should be tight but not that tight of you get me, Also rear callipers will need winding backwards to re set there position, fronts will just be pushed back in with big grips.

Get Audi pads as the last longer and dont kick out as much break dust, Bosch pads are also fine, GSF will stock all you need,

TIP, When i change pads i let the top bolt come very lose and take the bottom bolt out and just lift the calliper up and over to let old pads come out, twist the old sensor connector90 degrees to release it but un-clip the catch on it, you will understand what i mean when you see it,

#3 Turkster, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I use Audi pads also, they work well for me.

You'll need a caliper reset tool to wind the piston back in the rear caliper. I bought one in Halfords for £30 which did the trick perfectly.