Brake Pads and Piston Question

TAC

Reaction score
Morning,

Need to replace the Pads on my A3 3.2 and was wondering which Pads are best to get should I just go to Halfords and buy some Ferodo or is there a better supplier?

Also on the rear pistons when replacing the pads do you need a special tool to wind the pisons back in as have heard that some cars requior this?

Thanks

Tom

Somebody must know if you need a special wind back tool for the rear pistons?

Anyone??

99% of cars with disc rear brakes require the pistons to be wound back. I would avoid the little block thing that goes on a ratchet and get the next kit up that is self contained. It will still be much cheaper than paying a garage to do the work and you have the gadget for next time.

Once wound back and fitted, make sure you press the brakes several times BEFORE applying the handbrake, this adjusts the calipers properly, and you should then have a decent handbrake too

99% of cars with disc rear brakes require the pistons to be wound back. I would avoid the little block thing that goes on a ratchet and get the next kit up that is self contained. It will still be much cheaper than paying a garage to do the work and you have the gadget for next time.

Once wound back and fitted, make sure you press the brakes several times BEFORE applying the handbrake, this adjusts the calipers properly, and you should then have a decent handbrake too

This next kit up is this something you can get from Halfords or the likes?

Thnaks
Tom

halfords,euro carparts,ebay they range from £20-£50 depending on quality fella