brake pad sensor light

vr6gordy

Reaction score
my car is a audi a4 cab 2004 quattro my brake pad sensor light keeps coming on not staight away from cold but with in 2 mins it comes on so had a quick look at the wires at the plug just behind the caliper gave them a wiggle and light is on all the time from cold as well ... could it be a broken wire there looks to plenty of pad left a good 7 mm easy .. or is it the connector .. anyone on this is... 90% its the front cos before when it didnt come till warm i pulled the hand break and no light but soon as break padle was pressed it came on .. any one shed any light on this ..

Sounds like the wire/connector, seeing as symptoms changed once you touched the wire.

Unplug the pad sensor wire and reseat it as it might be just a bad connection.

cool ... if the wire has come off can i just join the 2 wires together till i can get some new pads ?

Yes, all the 'sensor' is, is just some wire that gets worn off once you reach low pad level. This breaks the connection and lights up the dash. If you disconnect the sensor wire and bridge the two connector wires using a paper clip and tape it up using insulation tape, the light should go out.

had a quick look today at the break level fluid and it looks a little low .. theres like a black bit in the middle i can see the fluild is level with that so is that right or dose it need some more in ...if so what dot will i need to put in .. checked the chamber for water to and its bone dry ..90% its a wire come off but as its snowing now i cant look

could i scotch lock the cable for now on the break pad wires ?

yeah to join the wires ..this way i dont have to take wheel off car to do it .. i can reach in .. much easyier