Brake Lights Sticking On

S

swc316

Hi,

I've got an issue with my S3, the brake lights occansion stick on, has something to do with switch & pedal, but am unsure as to the location of the switch. Has anyone had this before and where should i look to try and fix it?

My brake light switch stuck. The spring had just broke and they were on permanently! I bought a Replacement from Euro Car Parts. To replace remove the panel surrounding the steering wheel column. I think there are around 5 or 6 spline screws. Undo the screws and remove the panel (with some force), and then remove the headlight switch from the panel.

The switch is located under the brake pedal. You'll see it clearly once you've removed the panel. Its simple to replace. Its a three pin plug if i recollect correctly.

Edit: may differ to the S3 though...

Good Luck,

Bhav

Brilliant, Thanks for that! Sounds like that is the soloution, will let you know how i get on.

depends what year car you have, pre 2000 will have a spring based switch...if you buy from Euro parts it wont last very long as the quality is severely reduced in the components they use..... if its post 2000 you will have a redesigned switch which you can take apart easily and repair...... much more robust

ive stripped both switches in the past and if i was replacing, id only replace with OEM knowing what i know now

good luck