1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake light removal

TimmyTDI Jan 1, 2006

1. TimmyTDI

TimmyTDI New Member

Guys, warning light came on so I need to change the offside bulb. How easy is it to do?

2. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

Nice and easy, as per David's links theres a black plastic gromet that covers a nut, undo the nut and the complete rear lense comes off.

J.

4. TimmyTDI

TimmyTDI New Member

All done....thanks for your help guys.

5. Baudi

Baudi New Member

Hi,

Right, I finally get fed up of that yellow warning light letting you know that the brake light is worn.
    So I go round to replacing it and try to follow the instructions above but I couldnt remove the black plastic gromet that covers the nut. Ive tried using a pliers.
    Any thoughts?

6. I always go back to the dealer for replacement bulbs. They do it for free (bulb costs 50p or sometimes they don't even charge - shock!)
    Its a PITA to do it yourself.

7. Baudi,
    From the instruction posted above "rear light - remove".
    Plug (2) flicks out with a screwdriver. When you get past that Cap nut (1) has a slot in it. Unscrew it using the screwdriver.

Pulling the lights off can then be a real pain. On mine they were really tight first time off.

Ian

8. Baudi

Baudi New Member

Hi,
    I've tried to screw it off. As it wasnt moving I thought I had to remove the black plastic cover first.
    I'll give it another try this wkd.

Thanks,
    Luis