1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Fluid Change & New Tyres

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by adamrawling, Mar 23, 2006.

1. adamrawling

adamrawling Member

[Mar 23, 2006]
    I'm after some advise please:

1. My car is serviced according to the Audi Variable Servicing thing.

The computer says the 2nd service is due in 5600 miles time, which will bring the total mileage to about 37,000miles when the service is due.

I had a postcard today from the stealers, saying that the car needs it's brake fluid changed now as the car's nearly 2 years old (it's birthday is in April).

Does this need doing at 2 years, or can it wait another 4 months until I'll it goes for the 2nd service?

2. My front tyres are possibly bordering on illegal now. It's shod with Michelin Pilots (225/45 R17) at present. What would you recommend as replacements?

Many thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Mar 23, 2006]

My favourite tyre is the Goodyear Eagle GSD3 F1 quite a few of us have them fitted and rate them. Good for grip, good for wear and a reasonable price. What more could you ask for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

J.
  3. adamrawling

adamrawling Member

[Mar 23, 2006]
    I've just Googled those Goodyear Eagle GSD3 F1's - I really like the tread pattern - looks cool!

As my rear tyres have got loads of tread left, I don't know what to do.

Would the handling go a bit weird if I put F1s on the front and kept the original Michelins on the rear for the time being?

What's everyone else done?
  4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Mar 23, 2006]

I've got the original Rosso's on the rear and the new F1's on the front. No problems on the handling front.

J.
  5. wilko

wilko Top Gear

[Mar 24, 2006]
    The guy I spoke to at National Tyres on Wednesday said that he'd keep well away from Goodyears as he's has so many let him down in the past. He also mentioned Nigel Mansell experience with Goodyears... I think he was a bit bitter, but surely he knows his stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  6. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Mar 24, 2006]

Hmmm I take it his margin on the F1's isn't very high then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif