Brake Dust Shields

Was

Reaction score
Hi, seems one of my rear dust shields, has broken and now the car sounds like a loaded up shopping trolley. Anyone know where I can get a set, and that they are called Dust Shields, I can only find this on the US websites, not the UK ones......?

Hi, seems one of my rear dust shields, has broken and now the car sounds like a loaded up shopping trolley. Anyone know where I can get a set, and that they are called Dust Shields, I can only find this on the US websites, not the UK ones......?

Bah I just found out they are called Backing Plates, but still can't find any for sale...only in the US, so suspect main dealers only, which means rip off coming my way...

I swear they are like £18 or so from audi.. anyway I took it to my mechanic and basically the hole around the bolt or something rusted through, he just put in a big washer in place as a "clamp" to secure down the remainder of the plate and its been secure for over 8months now and thats with some harddd driving, loads of snow etc etc so its fine. I was desperate for a quick fix at the time otherwise would have just brought the genuine part.

I ripped mine off the rear as they rusted through. They aren't an MOT failure item so I wouldn't necessarily worry about it.

Remember if they didn't serve a purpose, Audi would not have invested money in designing the damn thing. I would get them replaced to be honest, but wouldnt rush to as if it was a more important component.

I ripped mine off the rear as they rusted through. They aren't an MOT failure item so I wouldn't necessarily worry about it.

Remember if they didn't serve a purpose, Audi would not have invested money in designing the damn thing. I would get them replaced to be honest, but wouldnt rush to as if it was a more important component.
The purpose is to keep brake dust to a minimum but you don't need them...mine has had it's removed ages ago,and no ill-effects.

I thought that the recent MOT changes now include these? I could be wrong though?

I would be surprised if the recent MOT change does not include that a car must have less than 1000miles!!! Some of items included are ridiculous!!

I thought that the recent MOT changes now include these? I could be wrong though?

I want to replace mine too,they are rusted out of shape.