Brake Dust! Help Please????

Add7

Reaction score
Everytime i clean my car my a couple of days later my front wheels are filfy!

Apart from cleaning the car again, does anyone know a way to stop this?

Maybe a different brand brake pad or something?

Cheers

I am definitely with you there mate!!
The most annoying thing ever, one journey and they're black. I am planning on changing my pads, hopefully will help a bit.

The OEM pads make a lot of dust.

I use the Mintex red box pads with Brembo discs and the dust has been cut down a lot

i use greenstuff, and i must admit my wheels stay pretty clean for quite a while. thinking of switching to rd stuff in the future though as I've read that they are more suitable...

try this;-

1, Buy a good quality wheel protector, this will help to prevent the dust sticking as much as normal, unless the wheels get wet.(see posts in"AUTOCARE")

2, Dont drive so fast, thereby reducing braking effort and reducing the ammount of brake dust.(if your like me and i'm sure you are, you wont be able to do this.. its against the rules!)

its not just a case of not driving as fast, I just tend to plan my braking ie well before i need to therefore not stamping on the brakes at the last minute creating loads of dust, you dont need to slow down for this!!

Just noticed who you are scrupes!

Obviously didnt do the above on the way home from the north east meet on the S4 vs S3 challenge!!