1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRAKE DISCS WARPNG TOO QUICK

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by s3_ity, Aug 8, 2012.

1. s3_ity

s3_ity New Member

[Aug 8, 2012]
    hi

i have an audi a3 3.2 s line and the drivers side brake disc warps way too quickly, a mechanic checked it and said it could be the caliper carrier so i had this changed along with the discs costing me in total around £500, however a month or 2 later same problem now i have been told it could be the caliper itself can any1 plz shed some light as i cant afford to change things that dont need changing.

thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

[Aug 8, 2012]
    check with a thermometer
  4. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Aug 8, 2012]
    500 for a carrier discs ?
    robbing ****
  5. jamessg1962

jamessg1962 Member

[Aug 8, 2012]
    Hi
    Have you checked that the piston is retracting after applying the brakes ? If thecalliperr piston is sticking causing the pads to continuouslyy rub the disc's this will cause disc warp.
    Jack up that side try spinnig wheel after aplying brakes a few times, it should turd freely. Also have you noticed any premature pad wear compared to other side.
    Have you got the correct pads and disc's . Some non O.E.M disc's might not be up to the job. are they vented disc's ?
    Have you replaced the pads with a hard type ?
    Hope you get it sorted mate as you don't want to be spending that kind of dough often.