1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake disc sizes???

Higgsy Oct 28, 2010

1. Higgsy

Higgsy Hard To Spin

Hi all

I want to get a new set of cross drilled, grooved discs and new pads for the front on my 04 190 1.8T q S-Line and am not too sure of the sizes i need, i have searched for sizes but all i can seem to find are specific brake models and makes.

Am i wanting 288mm x 25mm?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks alot

Higgsy

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

3. Higgsy

Higgsy Hard To Spin

Thanks alot mate, thats a cracking wee guide, it looks like theyre 288mm and 312mm on your V6

Thanks again!

4. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I wouldn't personally go for cross drilled unless you're planning on spending a fair bit.
    I highly rate Tarox G88's if they do them.

5. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I've no idea, I only ever buy oem stuff. But it's quite a good guide for sizes specs etc.

7. mikeh126

mikeh126 Member

I put Tarox discs on an RS Turbo I had 20 years ago, and they were excellent. Nota hint of fade and warping, even when used hard.
    In contrast, the Ford ones were utter cr*p.
    To be expected, I suppose!:yes:

8. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Hi mate, hope your well. I too have a 1.8T Quattro and the front discs are 312mm due to the weight of the Quattro system. The only advise I can offer is that I too changed all my discs and pads recently for grooved discs and fast road pads, I used a company of eBay called Mintbits - they are very very good value for money but I would not use again - why? because they are no better than standard oem items and they are very very messy - I've had mine for 4 months or so now and I still get filthy wheels EVERY DAY! Brake dust everywhere, disgusting brown yack all over my nice chrome wheels - not good! I will be changing them again shortly for a big brake conversion for sure!

9. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

convertables have bigger disks not due to quattro but due to the folding roof and extra weight on the strengthening bars i believe.

10. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Maybe, Audi advised me differently but the weight distrution is different.

Hope the advise on the discs I purchased helped.

11. Digger1

Digger1 Member

Changing my discs and pads tommorow,,, Hope it stays dry :shrug: