1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake disc size

yellowbelly Sep 19, 2011

1. yellowbelly

yellowbelly Member

I recently bought an A4 Avant Quattro 1.8t 190 s-line the cambelt was overdue so I knocked that chap down on price and it's currently at Bristol Audi having the cambelt/ewaterpump done. For piece of mind more than anything. Audi just rang me and said that the current brake discs are the wrong size and did I want them replaced, as I need the car back asap I said no to this. Can someone confirm what size brake discs etc I should have on it as I'd rather buy elsewhere and get my mehanic friend to fit them.

2. gavsman

gavsman Member

I would say they are either 288mm or 312mm - if you look in your handbook you should see a sheet with the "options"

288x25mm front disc's = (1LB,1LE option codes)

312x25mm front disc's = (1LF,1LT option codes )

3. gavsman

gavsman Member

If the Car is still at the Audi Dealer - call them and ask:sm4:, I say this as the previous owner may have uprated the brakes from Standard!

4. yellowbelly

yellowbelly Member

Cheers gavsman. With regards to your 'Wanted RS6 alloys' I spotted some on Gumtree last night funnily enough, will try to find link when I get home later tonight.

5. gavsman

gavsman Member

Cheers - just chuck me a PM if you find it!

6. gavsman

gavsman Member

You car look's tasty!!! Get some pic's up!:drool:

7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I'd like to think a 190 q has 312mm discs!