1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Calipers

Dan76 Sep 1, 2013

1. Dan76

Dan76 Lurker

With the influx of lovely new pic's I've noticed a couple of car's that look like they don't have pre-painted silver brake caliper's.
    I may be just having a moment or just need to go to specsavers...
    I thought all the 8V's had silver painted caliper's. If they're not it's not a problem as I'd probably just do them myself.
    Can anyone clarify?

2. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member Team Mythos Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group TDi

Mine look unpainted, but if they are painted then it must be very subtle as it looks like bare metal to me.

I am tempted to paint them.....

3. paullowther

paullowther Member

The Germans can select an option and have them painted in red, looks pretty good

4. RossR

RossR Active Member

Isn't it something ridiculous like €300 though?

5. paullowther

paullowther Member

I believe so, insane I know, it must cost them pennies!

6. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

Because they know people will pay!

I don't see the point personally. I don't need to see my brakes, it's a functional item!

7. Dan76

Dan76 Lurker

Thanks guys. I'll paint mine graphite grey, I just think they make the wheels look scruffy if left... just my opinion.

8. Superman23

Superman23 New Member

I read somewhere that the brake parts were treated with Geomet(R) coatings but I cannot find the reference again. Has anyone seen this?