1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BP Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shineydave, Sep 10, 2007.

1. shineydave

shineydave Member

[Sep 10, 2007]
    Has anyone else been on the verge of filling up with BP Ultimate Diesel by mistake?

actually i wasn't on the verge, i did it sunday morning, fortunately i was on the bike so it was reletively easy to drain the tank as compared to a car. the hard bit was getting the plugs out to dry them off.

i went back to the station and checked the pumps, the pump does say diesel on it at the bottom of a label that says Ultimate at the top, i guess with the helmet on i missed it totally, familiarity with the brand etc. doesn't help when the nozzle is blue as opposed to the traditional black.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Sep 10, 2007]
    No I haven't but I can imagine it would be a real pain getting plugs out especially if your bike has a fairing.

Bet you'll never do that again shineydave.
  4. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Sep 10, 2007]
  5. RS4John

RS4John Member

[Sep 10, 2007]
    I tend to use Shell-V power or tesco 99, BP seems over priced to me.:crying:
  6. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

[Sep 11, 2007]
    Usuallu use v-power or tesco 99 in my bike, stopped at a BP on saturday for a fill up of ultimate, did have to do a double check on the pumps though as they are indeed similar. Was annoyed to not only find its only 97 ron & was 5p/ltr more than i pay for tesco 99! Would of ridden off if I wasnt already running on fumes!! Needless to say I wont bother again, its too much for a lower grade product compared to the others.