BP Ultimate 102 octane.......

scib4

Beep-Beep!
Reaction score
....... now available at the BP at the Forth Road Bridge:yes:

Stopped off to fill the van on the way home from work (Kinross) at the BP (Nector Points) this morning and seen the advertisement board, had a little look at the other pumps to see if they sold it and to my surprise they did

Asked the attendant how much it was as there was no price on the pump....£2.42 :faint: Think i will be sticking to the normal Ultimate!

Anyway i thought folk might like to know :icon_thumright:

I wonder if i could buy it on my fuel card.......

http://www.bp.com/genericsection.do?categoryId=6621&contentId=7017179

I would doubt anyone will even consider buying that fuel if it is 2.42 a litre. If BP as really selling it for £2.42 per litre they are going to loose ALOT of money as nobody will buy that.

Tesco 99RON fuel, gave it a try from my local tesco (cunbernauld) £100.9 can't say i've noticed any difference over shells v-power but as it's only a penny a litre more than shells i'll give it another tankfull to make my mind up.

tesco 99ron, greenergys' web site

TonyT

hell of a lot cheaper to put in some millers or something similar.

Beerzo said:
I would doubt anyone will even consider buying that fuel if it is 2.42 a litre. If BP as really selling it for £2.42 per litre they are going to loose ALOT of money as nobody will buy that.

Its been around for a while down south, at similar prices. For trackday fuel I probably would, and so would alot of others I know. And its not too far from Knockhill.

Knockhill will be the main reason it is located where it is.

For track days i think you will find very few people willing to pay £2.42 (everywhere) a litre unless there cars have been heavily modified and the benefits really show. For 1/4's miles, sprints maybe as that is against the clock, but again anyone who is really into it will be running race fuel at 120 octane.

At the end of the day it's going to tank more than one tank to feel the benefit of any rise in the Octane you're feeding your car; ECUs don't adjust that quickly.