1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought polishing Pads which way up use?

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by LD3, Nov 12, 2010.

1. LD3

LD3 Member

Just bought pads for polish and black fire paint sealer-pads have textured surfaced and flat at the other. Stupid question but I'm guessing I use the end with the textured surface and not the flat end?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

Was the order through PB? Which pads are they? At a guess, the 3M pads?

You're right, the flat surface will be the side that attaches to the backing plate on your machine (on that subject, what machine are you using them with...? DA/rotary?) Have you read all the machine polishing guides etc on Polished Bliss' site? DetailingWorld?

Let us know how you get on; Blackfire Wet Diamond is a great product :)

4. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

5. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

oops. It was a late night... cheers John.

6. LD3

LD3 Member

Yes John Blackfire applicator pad and the light cut polishing pad you reccomend. Waiting for the right weather to give full polish and seal..might be a while yet!!

7. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

it must be a bugger if you not got a garage, i must admit i would be lost in the winter without mine in this climate but lucky for me my heated garage does me good. let us know how the blackfire products work.