Bought one!

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Guys and gals,

Went to view a Saloon TQS this morning seeing as I was pipped to the post to win a low mileage saloon, mid week on eBay.

This one is X reg 2000, 128k miles. Appears to have been looked after. It was also on eBay, but only an hours drive away.

On first sight the car looks clean. Engine is sweet. On much closer detail inspection there are some lacquer peel spots on rear window pillars and along top of boot edge the wings. One bubbly rust patch, size of 50p coin. Interior is standard part leather but very, very clean. Wheels are RS4 (I think, thick 5 spoke?!) Not keen on them to be honest. Dash lines are pixelated.(can this be repaired?!)

Took for a drive, as expected, I wasn't blown away by the performance. Flat in 4th gear. Not great in 3rd either. But from a standing start, it was pulling great through the gears. Feels solid on the road, steering was responsive too. Very feint knock on o/s/f once. Looking at mot there is an advisory for the c links being worn, so probably those.

Mot'd last week. Possibly paid a little more than I should for it, but the guy did end the auction for me and it was less than his buy it now price.

Picking it up a week today.

Only pics are those that are on eBay here: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252265144751&alt=web

So plan is to source a remap/chip for it asap. Then over time I can source some subtle parts give me a bit more 'oomph'

Dan

It is, to be fair. It's also in a rare silver colour! lol.

Just some lacquer peel and one bit of rust. Lower door trim looking loose on o/s/r/ door.

Lacquer peel is very hard to see what with the car being silver but I'll get it remedied as soon as I can.

Dan

Plus I can't go too low around here. My B6 on Eibach springs used to bottom out on speedbumps if I went any quicker than a snail over them.

Does the TQS share S4 suspension? Or is it just control arms not springs and shocks?

The S4 engine is a lot heavier, so s4 springs are much stronger than the TQS springs.

It looks very high to me, but i've not seen a TQS on stock suspension for years.

They sit nice with eibach pro-kit springs on them. Dawns has prokit springs and a 3" downpipe and manages not to catch on most speedbumps unless your being a bit silly.

Do you have a pic of that one please Kev?

I don't like the RS6 wheels. They will be coming off as soon as I find a replacement sent. The wheel in the boot was a Bolero I believe. (It was upside down so didn't check the face).

Cheers.

Reactions: S4_dan
Thats a really good price, really like the silver. any big plans for it?

Cheers @aragorn, pics look good.
Does make mine look a bit high now! Lol. Will consider Eibach springs for her.

Thats a really good price, really like the silver. any big plans for it?

Cheers. Plans for the time being are remap (well chipped) and change those wheels first.

Was going to look at maybe tuning to 250~ ish. Probably k04 route.

But now the wife has seen two French Bulldogs for sale, so I can see any spare cash going on buying them first! Christ, each one is more than what I paid for the TQS! It's insane.

looks very tidy mate and a great price

Reactions: S4_dan
Thanks mate I kind of live in the sticks around Bedford