1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought myself an 07 2.0TDI

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Daemon, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Daemon

Daemon Member

Hi guys
    Not really used to this forum so I hope I've posted in the right place.

Anyway I've recently purchased an A4 2.0tdi (140) and just have a few questions/issues

The car in the 1,500miles I've driven it seems to have developed a horrible noise when turning left. It's almost like a cow mooing when you turn the wheel. Would anyone have any idea what this could be? I've moved up from an old discovery 300tdi so I'm a little wary on poking and prodding at this motor lol

The car has also developed a heavy occasional vibration when at a standstill. Just like a really heavy shake of the whole car every so often.. is this normal or should I be phoning the garage for this too?

Any help that you guys can give would be great

2. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Sounds like suspension arms or top mounts. The vibration could be engine mount?
    Think is wrong section , you should try B8

3. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person.
    VCDS Map User

First thing you need to go on B7 forum not B5.
    Second thing - check your steering fluid. The "cow" sound is usually a power steering pump and its better not to kill it.
    The shake of the car is probably your DMF which will cost a fair bit but there is a chance that one of engine mounts is dead.