1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought A6

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by 5wany, May 18, 2011.

1. 5wany

5wany New Member

[May 18, 2011]
    Hi
    Was almost in a A3 few months back, and have continued to look for a good Audi that both the wife & I were happy with.
    This weekend was looking around an Arnold Clark dealership who had a few pre reg A6 (10-30 miles on clock), saloons & Avants, with a decent discount. They even gave me a reasonable trade in on the wife's polo tdi, so we quickly found ourselves in a 60 plate 2.0tdi sline special edition. :w00t:

Only been a couple days, and wife's driven it more than me. Must say quite impressed with it, been learning all the toys, mmi is quite easy to use, sds ill take a while to remember commands.

Will be looking to get windows tinted from B piller back, anybody done this, any probs or difficulty with the Avant on this? Live in Edinburgh, so recomendations welcome.

Below is a link to the car I bought, dont know how long link will last though.

Cheers

2010 (60) Audi A6 2.0 TDi S-Line Special Edition 170 PS | Used car for sale - Arnold Clark
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. A6UYC

A6UYC milf

[May 19, 2011]
    Great car, thats going to so good with the tinted windows.
  4. 5wany

5wany New Member

[May 19, 2011]
    going to get a quote this weekend from local tinter, so will post pics once done.
  5. drmole

drmole Active Member

[May 19, 2011]
    nice very nice wa does the power feel like on the 170's had a 60 plate a6 avant as courtsy car few weeks backs was awrsome fully loaded with everything lovely drive but was seriously disapointed with the preformance think it may have been a 140
  6. 5wany

5wany New Member

[May 22, 2011]
    The 170hp lump is ok, reasonably quick for a big car, though you do need to use all the gears and revs. Opened it up a bit today and dropped the hammer overtaking a couple motors and it's no slouch.

Would think the 136-140bhp will be underpowered for the size / weight car.

I had test drove a 2011 merc c class 136hp and it could pull the skin of a rice pudding.
  7. drmole

drmole Active Member

[May 22, 2011]
    in tha case the a6 i had must have been the 140 as power wise it was rediculas lovely car other wise tho so much infact i was looking at buying one but with a 2.7tdi