1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought a 3 door, kinda regret it.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Smiffi, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Smiffi

Smiffi Member

[Aug 9, 2012]
    Hey all,

after owning a 3 door Gti and then a M3 coupe and pretty much never carrying rear passengers, I decided to fork out for a brand new 3 door S3 in Jan this year. Since then I seem to always have people clambering into the back seats.....typical. I really wish I had opted for the SB. I am considering going back to the salesman and seeing what he can do for me but I'm guessing my car will have drastically depreciated in the 6 months and 3000 miles of ownership. Gutted!

Wanting a SB has been cemented by me recently getting back into surfing so the roof rails would come in really handy for transporting boards, bikes etc. I don't really fancy getting a roof rack for the 3 door and hooking the rear feet under the window seals.

Does anyone think nearly new S3's sell privately? I would think anyone wanting a 6 month old car would be more inclined to buy from a dealer.

Cheers for you views guys.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

[Aug 9, 2012]
    Well most on here will remember when I was the same kept my 3dr for 11 months and got rid after getting sline bumpers fitted and new wheels lost my ass good and propper now got my sport back and I love it I now kick myself daily for not getting a Quattro
  4. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

[Aug 10, 2012]
    There is always a market for an S3, it just depends what money you need to make the change.

With regards to roof rails, they weren't standard on the Sportback.