1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Both of my cars stolen

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by markyzs180, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 19, 2010]
    Fight the insurance company, they will up the offers!!!
  2. markyzs180

markyzs180 Member

[Mar 20, 2010]

Hey Paul, no mickey taking taken bud :icon_thumright:....I've started looking into it already mate but as Sarah said theres not many insurers that offer any discount for having them fitted :(
    Apart from the window stickjer saying 'tracker fitted' is there any other visual/audio deterent on them?

LOL..... careful....??? LOL

True Sarah, thats what I've just found out....
  3. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Mar 20, 2010]
    Sadly a lot of cars with tracker dont get recovered guys. Hate to burst any bubbles but having had to find cars with it fitted (its ****) and the lack of discounts insurance companies offer I'd spend the money on a dog instead.
  4. markyzs180

markyzs180 Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Thanks again to everyone who who has taken the time to post on this thread - very much appreciated :icon_thumright:

Just a little update...things went from bad to worse a few days later after someone decided they couldn't see me sitting stationery at the end of a 200 yard queue of traffic and proceded to smash into the back of the nice 1.4 corsa i was hiring out of my own pocket so another £550 raped from my wallet in excess until its sorted :(

Cars have not surfaced (no surprise really) and have agreed prices with both companies and already had the cheque for the zaffy and its contents, just waiting for the audi insurers to get their act together but should get the cheque for that later this week. Got to say that dealing with the recovery teams was pretty easy, both were very sympathetic and knowledgable and took into account the fact that both cars were high spec and paid out ABOVE market value. Had to do a bit of homework and refuse their initial offers but was pretty pleased with the outcome on both. Just arguing about child seats etc with the audi insurers, they want receipts pictures etc etc whereas the zaf insurers just took my word for it and paid out the next day?!

Anyway...onto better things...replacements!!! Already got one.........picked up a mint 04 cooper s in dark silver fully loaded with toys and was really handy as it was less than 2 miles from me! Will post a pic (if alllowed!!) got it for a bit of a steal (no pun intended) and from a copper!! Thats the fun car sorted just got to get a workhorse....been looking for a b6/b7 sline avant but nowt in my price range that hasn't been used for test flights into orbit by NASA! Going to look at a Touran PD Sport and Freelander Sport tomorrow but really not sure what I want to be honest....will keep you posted...

:confused:
  5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Hey Mark,

Sorry to hear about the further mishap, but looks like things are working out again, so lets hope things carry on getting better and better.

You know where we are if you need us.....oh and on a sidenote....no freelanders please!!! ;)

LOL
  6. Sarah's A3

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Getting there now then, Cooper sounds ace, great cars! Loads of fun in that!!! I used to have a Touran PD Sport, was great, after I'd modded it lol, good engine that sounded good too. Hope you find a second car as good as the Cooper!
  7. markyzs180

markyzs180 Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    thanks dude....you're forgetting where i work and the fact that i helped build them for a few years....hang on, you'e right, no freelanders lol
  8. markyzs180

markyzs180 Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    yeah sarah...slowly getting there..cooper iloadsa fun...looking at a +75bhp intercooler/chip/pulley mod at the moment :yahoo:

its a 140 sport with plenty of kit on it...already pricing up a set of 19's and a remap lol
  9. Sarah's A3

[Apr 5, 2010]

Ooohhh yeh, sounds good, go for it!!! 19s and remap too!!! You will have to post pics!
  10. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 6, 2010]
    Glad it's getting sorted Mark and that you got a relatively good deal from the insurance companies :icon_thumright:

I've never thought about things like proving ownership of child seats! I suppose you need to look through all the past photo's and try and find a picture with a seat lurking in the background........
  11. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Apr 6, 2010]
    Mark, did my cousin fit the seats for you??

If so, have a word with him, as they may have to make a note of all their installs etc, not 100% sure, but worth a shot hey??
  12. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Apr 6, 2010]
    Im sat here with my gob wide open in shock! :faint:
  13. Good 2 B A Gooner

Good 2 B A Gooner Member

[Apr 6, 2010]
    19's on a Cooper S :icon_thumright: Nice

Pics when it's done - You'll have to do the London 2 Brighton this year in it - I'll be doing it in my Mum's one :cool: I may enter it into the detailing comp :scared2:
  14. missviper

missviper Member

[Apr 7, 2010]
    Hopefully no more bad look for you in the future only good
  15. markyzs180

markyzs180 Member

[Apr 7, 2010]
    Not unless he had his hair died and grew a couple of glands on his chest a couple of years back lol

Thanks for the suggestion though, I remember they gave us a sheet when they fitted it but I think it'll be in the same place as the receipt...in the bin lol

popped in to see your cousin on friday but he wasn't in..needed a specific autoleads kit for the mini ...got one from the bay in the end tho
  16. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

[Apr 7, 2010]
    hey up markyboy, hows u and the mini marks, not spoke to you for a while, any luck on an avant mate ??
  17. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 8, 2010]

Eh? :think: