Both Airbag lights came on whilst driving - MOT due end of week

DarkShadow

Reaction score
I guess this couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time as my MOT is expires on Sunday.

I have a 2007 B7 2.0 TDI. I was driving and both the passenger air bag light came on with the dashboard. After turning the ignition on and off, the passenger one disappeared the dashboard one remains. I've been searching for a while and most recommendations seem to be to snipe the wires under the drivers seat and rewire them.

Is vagcom essential? I don't have one.

Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Many appreciated!

Yeah get it scanned, possibly seats & it could be the pin ends have become a bit loose & losing conduction.

I would get it scanned with vcds to see what is triggering the airbag lights.
Vcds link in my signature.
We have few members in Yorkshire.
@-Ju- @ShaunS3 @Helifella

Reactions: ShaunS3
Thanks NHN and Sandra. I don't want to really be an inconvenience to other members in Sheffield. Could I order a vcds cable from ebay and download some software onto a laptop and diagnose it myself?

Would really appreciate some advice on as a first time user, thanks.

Thanks NHN and Sandra. I don't want to really be an inconvenience to other members in Sheffield. Could I order a vcds cable from ebay and download some software onto a laptop and diagnose it myself?

Would really appreciate some advice on as a first time user, thanks.
I can't advise you on eBay cables as I don't know enough about them. You can purchase a genuine vcds cable from @NHN but they are expensive if you don't have any other use for it. It is a good investment if you want to do other things though.
The guys I have linked would happily scan your car. They always willing to help other members

VCDS cable is expensive, especially if one use only. I would be happy to run a scan on it for you. Shaun.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
I'm based in wath, Rotherham and I'm back from the lakes Saturday it helps Mate.

Reactions: Sandra
That's incredibly kind of you both.

Dani, I work in Wath so that would be really helpful if it's not too much bother? I will be calling a garage later today to see if he can take a look prior to any arrangements.

Thanks!

Just an update for anyone finding this in the future.

I took it to a local garage and it said my car had been hit. Very bizarre as I was cruising at 30mph and it just came on as a beep (just like it does when fuel is on reserve). Very strange.

Either way, it was very easy for them to clear, no messing around with the wires.