Bose

mfspen

Reaction score
Is there any way to adjust (or disable) the speed dependent volume on the Bose sound system ?

I find that the volume increase in my car is excessive. The standard (non-Bose) system allows you to adjust the volume boost, but this function is not available on Bose, or is it ?

As far as I can remember there's no way to adjust it (certainly on the older cars) as it uses it's own system not GALA.
Anyone with VAGCOM can disable the Bose functionality but this will impact the ound quality.

I've not found an option to change it on my Sept 2005 Concert stereo.

Nope not an option on the Bose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Although I have it fitted in mine and don't notice the increase to be excessive.

J.

it seems to settle down a bit after time, when I first had mine it was frustrating but now I never notice it - of course this could be the fact that I am getting used to it.

Funnily enough, that's what I think too.
It seemed to have an excessive volume increase initally but now (after 2 months) I really don't notice it.
I suppose it may be that I'm getting used to it but I don't think that's it. Very strange /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It works on ambient noise in the cabin

Bose have an Explanation

I still think there is a speed component to it as when you stop it drops, even if you make more noise (cue boy racer revving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)