1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by bezA3, Dec 9, 2012.

1. bezA3

bezA3 New Member

[Dec 9, 2012]
    HI all quite rarely on here, but now have some time to put into my car (Finally), anyway if i was to change my head unit from the audi standard one will my bose still be good with an aftermarket one.
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 9, 2012]
    Welcome back. THe boys will be along shortly to help you with some advice. Enjoy. Since you not been on for a while, we have new events section for local meets in all areas if you want to meet up with some of the other members. :) x

Smaller (Local) Events
  3. taylorc

taylorc S3 Owner

[Dec 9, 2012]
    I am also interested in this (I am thinking of fitting a Sony HU with integrated Tom Tom) but want to retain the Audi functionality i.e. steering remote, Bose and the Ipod dock, is all this possible?
  4. Artimus

Artimus Shortback

[Dec 10, 2012]
    I fitted an aftermarket SatNav unit a few months ago! I was looking at the Sony w\ Tomtom, but from what I understand Tomtom screwed up the integration and it didn't work, so Sony scrapped the model! Are you sure it's been tested & is working?

The AMI interface won't work, so your iPod will have to be connected to the new HU, make sure any unit you buy is compatible with it & you can obtain a lead. Bose will work fine, connect it to Amp outputs on your chosen HU. and your steering remote will require an adaptor ... Connects2 or Autoleads should have something compatible - google.