1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose upgrade - advice required

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jbcalvin, May 7, 2012.

1. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

[May 7, 2012]
    Hi guys,

I have come across a car (saloon) that is breaking that has a full Bose set up, what do I need to remove from the car apart from the speakers to upgrade my current system, especially as I have an Avant.....

Cheers in advance

Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[May 8, 2012]
    not certain, but in cased you're pushed for time: make sure you get the sub and amplifier in the boot... BOSE setup isn't bad and it's worth doing if you're getting the parts for free/ a real bargain, but you'd probably do better to use an aftermarket set of speakers if you're paying anywhere close to retail for those parts...
  4. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

[May 8, 2012]
    Cheers lostbok, yet to discuss price, but I have an RNS-E system already and Bose sounds so much better than the standard speakers...
  5. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[May 8, 2012]
    BOSE has saved me a FORTUNE.... if I didn't have it, I'd be meddling with speakers and that has cost me a lot in the past... it is not the most pure/amazing sound, but it's plenty for most normal use: that said, I've just got a couple of 4Gb SD cards in my RNS-E with 320kbps MP3s, so if I really wanted a bit more clarity, I think I ought to look there first :)
  6. no_idea

no_idea Member

[May 9, 2012]
    I have a new Avant bose sub enclosure with speaker, if you are interested drop me a PM. It hasn't got the amp fitted I have already sold that, but if you get the amp from the doner car it will fit onto the sub enclosure.
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 10, 2012]
    Make sure you get the complete wiring loom. That's the loom running from the amp to the HU and fusebox and all the speaker wiring
  8. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

[May 10, 2012]
    Andy, why do I need the wiring loom? Can't understand why this would be different, plus it would probably be attached to all the other vehicle wiring which would be a nightmare to track back and remove.....