1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose system or not

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dannyh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. dannyh

dannyh Nogaro S3

How can you tell if your car has a Bose system or not????

my 1999 1.8T has a CD changer in the boot situated on a black box (what is this box) and has loads of tweeters inside, it has one in each door and two in each pillar in the middle of the car, one pointing forward and on pointing back it has normal speakers int the door and in the back,

does any one know

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Your headunit should say "BOSE" when you first turn it on and on my speakers it also says "BOSE" on the front of them.

4. 1.8tplym

1.8tplym Member

The Black box is probabbly the sub. If the sub has an Audi grill like mine then its not a bose system. I think the bose sub has 2 round grills also but other bose owners can confirm that.

5. Jonay

Jonay Member

you should have silver trim on the driver/ front passenger doors around your speakers with the top having embossed "BOSE Sound System" on them.

6. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

my sub as a sticker on the side that says bose and also when i fire it up on the lil screen. sounds better than the concert i used to have.

7. thegoal007

thegoal007 Another S3 owner....

And the overall sound system coming out of a late cheepo fiesta is better than the BOSE circa 8 years old !

8. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Bose sub has two 4" drivers and non Bose has a single 6.5" driver. Bose sub has a black plastic front and non Bose has a silver metal front.
    Bose on the HU means absolutely nothing it is just a VAGCOM setting. It does not mean you have Bose!
    Easier way to tell: if there is lots of woolly rumbly bass and the treble & bass controls seem to do very little then it's Bose
    If you fade to front and the bass disappears altogether then it's non Bose.

9. Jimmy Parko

Jimmy Parko Member

Am i right in thinking there should be a silver AMP in the boot compartment on the drivers side?? Mine has. Is this part of the BOSE SYSTEM or a Extra??