1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Sub and Amp

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by S3Steve, Dec 30, 2006.

1. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

[Dec 30, 2006]
    Can the standard audi sub and amp be easily replaced by the Bose Sub and amp. I ask this because i think one of the channels on my standard amp has failed and ive been offered a Bose one cheap.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 30, 2006]
    It can, but not easily. Your standard sub has a trimode amp inside it feeding both the sub and rears. The amp inside the Bose sub just feeds the sub (as the rears and fronts are fed off a seperate Bose amp (not part of the sub).
    So the connectors are completely different and then you've got the problem of installing another small 2 x 25w amp for the rears (which you could do without replacing the sub at all). Although adding the Bose sub will give you more bass albeit as woolly as a woolly thing.
    Are you sure it's the amp and not the speaker or wiring to the speaker?
  4. ash_s3

ash_s3 Active Member

[Dec 31, 2006]
    i bought a Bose sub off ebay for my S3 and tbh its rubbish! i wouldnt bother if i were you mate. Best off to try and live without it or buy an andymac stealth sub like im hoping to do very soon!
    cheers
    Ash
  5. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

[Dec 31, 2006]
    Its definately not the speaker as i subbed in another speaker and it still had the interference.
  6. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

[Dec 31, 2006]
    I was thinking about one of andymac's setups but was just looking for a cheap alternative for the time being.
  7. Dirtyboydeadly

Dirtyboydeadly New Member

[Jan 6, 2007]
    how much is a andymac jobbie?
  8. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 6, 2007]
    Between £280-£325 depending on what you need. That includes the custom 18mm MDF enclosure, JL Audio Sub, Alpine V12 2 or 4 channel 300wrms amp, wiring and RCA loom adapter. Full instructions are supplied or I can fit it for you for an additional £60 (takes 4 hours). PM me if you need more detail.