1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Sound System

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Rileym, May 31, 2013.

1. Rileym

Rileym New Member

Hi all,

Im hoping someone may be able to help me out.

I am looking to upgrade my sound system and I thought a good route to go down would be upgrading to Bose, as the Black Edtion has.

I just need to know, how easy is this to do?

Secondly, is there a reason why there is such a proce difference for the systems on Ebay? They range from £130 to £400 and they all seem to have everything included (spreakers, amp, sub).

Any help would be great!
  2. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

Personally i wouldn't bother with the BOSE, i would just buy some other aftermarket speakers etc, save alot of money and you can probably get some better quality stuff also.

Just my take on it. BOSE is a very expensive brand name.

JJ.
  3. Raincheck

Raincheck Sucking diesel..!

4. Rileym

Rileym New Member

fair enough, is there anything you would recommend? I dont want to spend too much... prob £200
  5. wanton

wanton Member

Speak to NHN he may be able to improve the sound quality but may cost a little more than £200. I know he does an upgrade on the Bose setup for about £380. I don't know what he can do if there is no Bose on the car but give him a PM.
    NHN likes this.
  6. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Do I, lol, Bose upgrade for £380 is doubtful as there's a fair bit of work involved & the parts are more than that amount fella.

I can do it, but its not cheap sorry to say.
  7. wanton

wanton Member

8. The Governor

The Governor Member

I'm giving serious thought to having the AndyMac upgrade, the factory Bose system is pony.
  9. wanton

wanton Member

Yeah I was very disappointed when I heard the Bose for the first time. Im gonna go for the same upgrade. I just gotta get the car first lol :think:... Then I need to find the time to go and see AndyMac and get it fitted as its a long trip for me.
  10. The Governor

The Governor Member

He's pretty local to me I think, I just need the money, between this and the DAB upgrade I want I've got a few things to save for!
  11. wanton

wanton Member

Yeah got lots I want to do. First thing will be upgrade the alarm to have proxitimy and glass break sensors. Car is booked in for Friday. Hopefully I will have the car by then. I supose i shouldnt complain re waiting since they are fitting a brand new Mechatronic unit in the car before I get it. :yes: DAB is on my list too.. Are you going for an AutoDAB unit or something else?
  12. The Governor

The Governor Member

Yep AutoDAB, I got a quote from Advanced In Car Tech, I just need to scrape toegether the funds, there's always something else to spend it on when you have a wife and two girls in the house lol
  13. Persian

Persian CEO

As everybody said Bose sound system is awesome compared to other cars (factory) however to spend money and time it's not worth the upgrade.

Andy does have a tutorial (detailed) on custom subwoofer box and driver. I recommend doing what we did to my brothers car; custom subwoofer box bought off eBay second hand for £50 plugged it into the side panel so hidden away plus JL speakers all around connected to a Rockford amp.

For your budget I would recommend upgrading your sub and leaving the rest as it would cost lots.
  14. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

Personally i think the Bose system is amazing and I'd pay to get it retrofitted if I didn't have it. U can crank it up to max and its still clear and punchy. I'd love to here the B & O to compare the two :)
  15. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

Hear even* lol :)
  16. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

tbh the BOSE system sucks compared to some of the others offered. I am in the midst of removing it from my A3 and replacing with a A/D/S setup and JL sub.