1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose setups

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by yavz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. yavz

yavz New Member

[Oct 7, 2012]
    Is there a difference in the bose setup in normal b7's bs the s4/rs4?

I have bose in my car with a symphony 2 had unit. I have heard the bose in an s4 and rs4 with the rnse unit and they both sounded louder, clearer and more fuller bass.
    Cheers,
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Oct 8, 2012]
    Nope they're identical.

That's the difference between the Symphony II and the RNS-E - fit an RNS-E in your car and it will sound just as good.
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 8, 2012]
    The rns does produce different sound to the symphony imho, I find the symphony to be more bass orientated tbh mate, the rns seems more crisp/clearer, but I'm not a serious audiophile as such, just can tell the differences between the 2.

The bose isnt different so thats not an issue.

If you need a supply/fit solution give me a shout.

Oops Dave already replied, I was held up by hours of work lmao :)
  5. yavz

yavz New Member

[Oct 9, 2012]
    I get what you mean NHN, my current setup goes lower but just lack the clarity i heard in the other setup.

Right. looks like i need an RNSE. I already have the double din setup with my symphony 2.
    Whats needed to ensure my MFSW and Bluetooth etc still work?
  6. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Oct 9, 2012]
    An A4 RNS-E, a fully wired adapter (the RNS-E uses a Quadlock connector but the Symphony II uses the ISO connectors) and an antenna adapter (the RNS-E uses a dual Fakra but the Symphony II uses a Fakra plus an ISO antenna connector). You can get the adapters from many places (just make sure you get a fully wired one that supports phone, CD and Bose).

To physically do the swap you'll need 4 of the Audi radio removal tools, and then you'll need access to VCDS (Vag-Com) to recode the Bluetooth module and RNS-E, and clear any fault codes that appear during the swap.