1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose setups

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by yavz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. yavz

yavz New Member

Is there a difference in the bose setup in normal b7's bs the s4/rs4?

I have bose in my car with a symphony 2 had unit. I have heard the bose in an s4 and rs4 with the rnse unit and they both sounded louder, clearer and more fuller bass.
    Cheers,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

Nope they're identical.

That's the difference between the Symphony II and the RNS-E - fit an RNS-E in your car and it will sound just as good.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

The rns does produce different sound to the symphony imho, I find the symphony to be more bass orientated tbh mate, the rns seems more crisp/clearer, but I'm not a serious audiophile as such, just can tell the differences between the 2.

The bose isnt different so thats not an issue.

If you need a supply/fit solution give me a shout.

Oops Dave already replied, I was held up by hours of work lmao :)

5. yavz

yavz New Member

I get what you mean NHN, my current setup goes lower but just lack the clarity i heard in the other setup.

Right. looks like i need an RNSE. I already have the double din setup with my symphony 2.
    Whats needed to ensure my MFSW and Bluetooth etc still work?

6. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

An A4 RNS-E, a fully wired adapter (the RNS-E uses a Quadlock connector but the Symphony II uses the ISO connectors) and an antenna adapter (the RNS-E uses a dual Fakra but the Symphony II uses a Fakra plus an ISO antenna connector). You can get the adapters from many places (just make sure you get a fully wired one that supports phone, CD and Bose).

To physically do the swap you'll need 4 of the Audi radio removal tools, and then you'll need access to VCDS (Vag-Com) to recode the Bluetooth module and RNS-E, and clear any fault codes that appear during the swap.