1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose setup

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by imported_alecblack, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to set up the Bose system on my car?

Just now i have an old gamma radio but want to upgarde to a concert stereo but i keep hearing about a Bose setup. What do i need to set this up? do i need bose speakers, bose amp, bose head unit.

Is the sound a good quality?

cheers in advance

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Buster

Buster Member

IMO you would be better of with aftermarket audio equipment

4. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Its not that good anyway...

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Bose is pretty hopeless especially in the A3. And to retrofit one would be more complicated than installing an entire aftermarket system as all the wiring is different, it uses a 4ch amp, seperate sub & amp and all the speakers would have to be changed.
    Ideally go aftermarket, but if you stick to the Concert then just by adding a sub you can get pretty good results far better than the Bose setup. The sub is the key as even with the Bose setup the OEM sub is housed in a plastic box which gives you that signature woolly/muddy bass that we all aspire to.
    I do a custom stealth sub enclosure using a JL Audio sub which replaces the OEM unit and the transformation is pretty outstanding if I do say so myself.

6. mwarrey

mwarrey Member

How much is one of your custom subs etc to fit a b5 s4 with standard concert. How difficult is is to fit, I guess you need an amp ?. Got any pics of an install on a b5 ?

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A3/S3 only I'm afraid, you can get stealth sub enclosures for the B5 from Auto Acoustics. The only reason I did the A3 was that the exisiting sub was abysmal (Bose & non Bose) and no one did an off the shelf unit.
    B5 Sub

8. mwarrey

mwarrey Member

Thanks