1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Questions

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by mattyboy199, Nov 30, 2005.

1. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Active Member

[Nov 30, 2005]
    Is it me or does the Bose system have trouble producing certain B lines ? Its seems as though when turned up its skipping a beat or missing something out.

Is it jus a case of me having the base setting far to high even though its on 0 setting.

Matt
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

[Dec 1, 2005]
    being a standard OE system (well standard as in 'factory fit') its not designed to be played at full volume. my guess is the amp is clipping, so in effect its momenteraly cutting out. hence missing a beat.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 1, 2005]
    If you have a look at what Audi call a sub then you'll see why even the Bose system struggles to provide anything other than a rumbling muffled bass.
    The Bose EQ settings on the HU don't seem to help coupled with the fact that all the Bose speakers are 4" units including the sub, and the rear speakers look like something stripped out from a pre-war valve radio.
    It's really only designed to sound ok at medium volume levels, anything more and it really struggles.
  5. mattyboy199

[Dec 1, 2005]
    yeah i agree medium volume levels are good but turn it up tomuch & its terrible. To be honest i expected better.

Matt
  6. AndyMac

[Dec 1, 2005]
    A stealth sub upgrade is only £325 away, will sort out all the Bose woes in one hit, and you can sell the Bose sub or about £90 on ebay!
  7. mattyboy199

[Dec 2, 2005]
    i was driving home tonight & found that at higher volume when turning the bass down the quality is not interupted. Which is cool but why i need to ajust it i m pretty disapointed with. I thought Bose were way ahead of everyone else but i thought wrong.

Matt
  8. imported_G4JSG

imported_G4JSG Guest

[Dec 2, 2005]
    My bose unit reduces the low bass enough at high volume that it's not bouncing the door cars off. But it should reduce the bass enough to give you a clear and audible reproduction, if it doesn't then it might be worth getting it checked out as you might have an amp or driver down.

John
  9. mattyboy199

[Dec 2, 2005]
    oh right i see maybe i will
  10. AndyMac

[Dec 2, 2005]
    The Bose system in the A3/S3 is completely different from the A4. If you run the Bose A3 sub on a bench it will literally bounce along to the music, you can have races with them!
    Trust me it's normal. Just make sure both sub drivers are working by fading front right then rear left. If the sub works on both settings then both channels are working.
  11. mattyboy199

[Dec 2, 2005]
    ok mate thanks.