1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose problem :(

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by keendean, Dec 23, 2007.

1. keendean

keendean Member

2001 S3 with the Bose upgrade, strange problem where I can't turn off TP. Every now and then while playing a cd it will beep three times, then play a news traffic report, but it's the same playback every time(same broadcast), with the wrong time being stated. The only way to cancel it is to press FM, while it will then try and search. If I press the TP button it starts beeping again. Is there a manual for this stereo? I'm guessing the only way to reset the head unit is with vagcom or similar? Odd behaviour, I've tried everything, and it's driving me up the wall. I'll try and reproduce the problem, and try and be a little more specific :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!
    VCDS Map User

tried disconnecting the battery for 60 seconds?

4. madvw

madvw Active Member

I had this on my RNS-D. The manual says to turn off TP, hold in the TP button for a few seconds - but it doesn't work all the time! Sometimes all it does is replay the last fuzzy traffic recording.

In the end I DID manage to get the "TP" logo to disappear, but it was through trial and error.. try holding down the tp button when in FM or AM mode, but not in AS FM mode..

5. keendean

keendean Member

it's a bit spooky, I thought I was going mad. I'll try this, it's very random, and happens if listening to a CD or a preset radio station. What is AS mode? Are the beeps that you hear, trying to find a TP signal and failing, it all seems v.random. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tom :)

6. HTC

HTC Active Member

Hold the button down for a few secs.