BOSE in A3 and new S3

AL_B

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just realised that I know absolutely nothing about the BOSE system in the 8P A3/S3.

In the 8L A3/S3, you obviously have uprated speakers in the door cards, but also a small AMP in the drivers side boot storage compartment, and the BOSE sub in the passenger side boot storage compartment.

Now, IIRC the 8P A3/S3 don't have little compartments on either side of the boot.

So where is the AMP?
Where is the sub? Is there a sub?

If there's no sub I will be very disappointed. I know the BOSE system in the 8L S3 is not the best system in the world, but it was good enough for me. And you could feel the bass. If there is no sub in the "new" system, it could be severely lacking.

Thoughts?

Can anyone who has gone from 8L A3/S3 to 8P A3/S3 comment on the BOSE systems? Do they sound just as good?

AL

Cool. Thanks for that. Didn't realise BOSE did a location picture.

So they've followed the same format in the 8L.

Was I right in thinking there are no "removeable" side panels in the boot? I guess there must be something, otherwise it would be very difficult to change rear bulbs etc.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm in info gathering mode at the moment. Won't be long before I buy an updated Audi ETKA parts directory and Elsawin disks!! hehehe

AL

You can't get into the side compartment housing the sub. As for lights, the rear clusters are actually removed from outside the car, there's a small plastic push-out disc in the inside trim which hides a big retaining bolt. You undo this then ease the cluster away from outside.

Don't do this until you have to as once you've pushed the disc in you'll never get it back in place and will have a nice hole in the trim :(

As for the BOSE, it's certainly good enough for me. The quality is superior to the standard system, if not by a huge margin, and there's much more bass available. The main advantage is if you like your music loud, as your ears will start bleeding before it distorts, unlike the standard fit system.

Al

I had BOSE in my old S3 and have not got it in my new one and tobe honest my new one sounds better? Much more bass at low volume and the sound is much more fuller and rich

Vertigo,

Thanks for the tip about the lights.

Looks like opinions differ on the quality of BOSE - but they always have, even in the 8L A3/S3. Jam, perhaps the new standard system is better than the old 8L BOSE...which I suppose is progress.

Still, hopefully I will be happy with my BOSE order. Don't think I'll be using the stereo for while anyway...I'll be listening to the turbo, induction, exhaust!! hehehe

AL

i have the bose upgrade and its excellent, really good bass, and a good depth to all sorts of music, i would definitely recommend :rock:

I think it gets better with use. Mines nearly 2 years old now and it sound better than it did when I 1st had the car!