1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Audio

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by rub a dub, Jan 22, 2008.

1. rub a dub

rub a dub Member

Does this mske that much of a difference? I have fnally found an S3 that I like, but it doesnt have this upgrade, one of the few that I have seen for sale without it!!

Also, is it hard to convert the centre console from single dinn to double dinn?

Cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ash_s3

ash_s3 Active Member

not really, chuck a few hundred quid at it and you'll have a much better system

4. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

Search Andymac sup upgrade he does both non-bose & bose.

Is it a facelift you want to convert? I am sure I mailed you a guide.

5. bouncer--daz

bouncer--daz A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

I think its easier to upgrade componets etc if its non bose... I say ask Andy tho... always very helpful!

6. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!
    VCDS Map User

i think quite a few adverts post that the cars are Bose but many i found, arent actualy Bose.....check the rear base box, easiest way to tell from what ive seen

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, check the sub in the boot has 2 x 4" drivers that guarantees it's Bose. The non Bose sub has 1 x 6.5" and a metal front panel (Bose is black plastic).
    It should also have a small Black amp in the righthand cubbyhole.
    Bose coming up on the HU display means nothing, you can do this via VAGCOM, it's purely cosmetic, and probably just means the previous owner had the dreaded volume problem and bought a replacement on ebay from a Bose equipped car.
    But as said already, not worth turning down a good S3 just because it doesn't have Bose, the non Bose system is easier to upgrade, so for £300 you can upgrade to a stealth sub and have a much better system than the Bose upgrade.