1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BOSE Amp

Naresh Feb 10, 2005

1. Naresh

Naresh Member

Hi does anyone know where the BOSE amp is in the TT Coupe (2003 model)?

I want to disconnect it and connect the speaker wires going into it to my own aftermarket amps instead. I thought this would be easier than running new speaker cables to each speaker, which would be difficult up front where I would need to get the wires from inside the cabin and into the doors! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm also installing an aftermarket HU.

Is there an easier alternative?

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Here it is:
    TT coupe Bose layout

Don't believe there's an easier way but running new cable shouldn't be too much hassle, maybe a job for later.

3. AndyMac

the Bose speakers are 2 ohm impedance so your amp needs to be ok with that, most good amps are 2 ohm stable in multichannel mode.
    You can use the speaker wiring no problem, though some so called audiophiles frown upon such shortcuts.
    I don't know if there's much benefit installing a better amp without upgrading the speakers, those Bose sytems are a bit strange.

4. Naresh

Naresh Member

Andy - I'm not sure if my amp is 2ohm stable but will need to check that first before buying new speakers.

Apparently there is also a small 5cm centre speaker on the dash which I'm guessing is also 2 ohm. Are these available to buy in 4 ohm version do you know?

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. AndyMac

Most people just disconnect the centre speaker, otherwise how would you drive it from a 4 ch amp? Unless you're going Dolby ProLogic?

6. Naresh

Naresh Member

I was just thinking of driving it from one the outputs on my Kenwood HU as the internal amp isn't going to be used and it has a 4x45W output! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. AndyMac

I'd imagine that would destroy the stereo image at the front of the car as you'd have to drive it from either left or right output.