1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BOSE Amp

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Naresh, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Naresh

Naresh Member

[Feb 10, 2005]
    Hi does anyone know where the BOSE amp is in the TT Coupe (2003 model)?

I want to disconnect it and connect the speaker wires going into it to my own aftermarket amps instead. I thought this would be easier than running new speaker cables to each speaker, which would be difficult up front where I would need to get the wires from inside the cabin and into the doors! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm also installing an aftermarket HU.

Is there an easier alternative?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 10, 2005]
    Here it is:
    TT coupe Bose layout

Don't believe there's an easier way but running new cable shouldn't be too much hassle, maybe a job for later.
  4. AndyMac

[Feb 10, 2005]
    the Bose speakers are 2 ohm impedance so your amp needs to be ok with that, most good amps are 2 ohm stable in multichannel mode.
    You can use the speaker wiring no problem, though some so called audiophiles frown upon such shortcuts.
    I don't know if there's much benefit installing a better amp without upgrading the speakers, those Bose sytems are a bit strange.
  5. Naresh

Naresh Member

[Feb 11, 2005]
    Andy - I'm not sure if my amp is 2ohm stable but will need to check that first before buying new speakers.

Apparently there is also a small 5cm centre speaker on the dash which I'm guessing is also 2 ohm. Are these available to buy in 4 ohm version do you know?

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  6. AndyMac

[Feb 11, 2005]
    Most people just disconnect the centre speaker, otherwise how would you drive it from a 4 ch amp? Unless you're going Dolby ProLogic?
  7. Naresh

Naresh Member

[Feb 11, 2005]
    I was just thinking of driving it from one the outputs on my Kenwood HU as the internal amp isn't going to be used and it has a 4x45W output! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  8. AndyMac

[Feb 11, 2005]
    I'd imagine that would destroy the stereo image at the front of the car as you'd have to drive it from either left or right output.