Bose amp upgrade - straight swap??!

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Is there an amp availible where i can just do a straight swap? obviously connectors are different but i dont want to change the speakers... yet anyway.

i also have an odd set up (car computer - infill g4) which has a built in amp so i would need an amplifier with a high input - since using the 408 adaptor makes everything hiss/computer zx spekky noise like chuff.

i have hooked up some speakers on there own to the PC's speaker outputs and i dont get any noice so i know its a combo of the bose amp / 408 adaptor

Get a High level to RCA convertor and then cut your head unit's level down to a more acceptable level for the BOSE amp.

the 408 adaptor is a high level to pre amp convertor for the bose amp. i still get the noise if thats inline or it aint. the volume is just lower if i put it in line as you would expect.

having said that i have just hooked up some 4 ohm kenwoods direct to the HU to test and although the dont work (chuff knows why as the hu has 20w per chanell out) i can still here the hiss etc - i just get no sound.

is it because its not grounded properly.. i have read some people saying a ground loop isolator helps. but i cant see that getting rid of the bleadover stuff from the computer