Bose® 174-watt premium 7-speaker - retrofitable ?

WiuAudi

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here,
Is the option: Bose® 174-watt premium 7-speaker sound system with AudioPilot® noise compensation feature
Retrofitable? and if it is, how much would it be?
Thanks

Why would you want to retro fit the Bose ?

You could replace the speakers, sub, amp etc with far better components than Bose for less money than the factory option. BTW the headunit & changer are no different to the non-Bose components.

But to answer your question, yes it is theoretically possible, to be economically viable you'd probably need to buy the components secondhand (ebay etc) and fit it yourself.

What is the easiest way to find out if a car is equipped with the option of the 174W Premium Bose systm?
How many speaker are there in the standard system? Do both standard and premium have Bose speakers? I guess they do both have Bose speakers because every TT I see out there is advertised to have BOSE sound system

when you turn system on screen will say bose for a while if fitted, also look at speaker grills in front doors bose ones will have bose written on.

[ QUOTE ]
treblesykes said:
when you turn system on screen will say bose for a while if fitted, also look at speaker grills in front doors bose ones will have bose written on.

[/ QUOTE ]

With that said, can I conclude that not all TTs are equipped with Bose speakers? Every one I've seen seems to have Bose.