1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BOSCH VP44 - RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OVERHAUL/REPLACMENT

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by The Fiend, Oct 12, 2009.

1. The Fiend

The Fiend New Member

Hello all

My Reliable Bosch VP44 pump has packed in. Can anyone give a recommendation for where to have it fixed repaired. Found a website for "Dieselpumprepairs.com" where they suggest that fault could just be electronics. Does anyone have any experience with them or suggest an alternative. Any help greatly appreciated and will be awarded with a pint if you stay close enough, I live near Glasgow but will happily send pump elsewhere for the best deal

Cheers
  2. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Try dieselbob, he is based in preston, Lancashire and he does top quality jobs ! I had replied to some of your other posts...dont listen these companies that say they can repair the ecu's, they are similar to ABS controllers and sometimes there is not much you can do to fix as they are very delicate inside. Diesel bobs fits brand new genuine Bosch controllers wich are set up on the bench (to match the flow) and the pumps are rebuilt with new cams, bearings and bushes so they are as new !
  3. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just had mine done by dieselbob, jobs a good un, approx £590